It is our pleasure to serve you with your carpet cleaning needs. It is our purpose to exceed your expectations by giving you outstanding service. There are some things that you can do on your part in preparation for our cleaning. With your preparation, we will have more time to give you and ensure that everything operates smoothly during the cleaning service. Here is a checklist for you:Getting Ready for Us!
- Vacuum you carpet before our arrival.
- Clear driveway. It is important that the parking area closest to the door be open so we can bring our van right up. It would also be helpful that any vehicles be removed to prevent our vehicle from blocking them in.
- Pin full length curtains. It is helpful if the draperies are at least 6 inches from the floor. If there are any other linens or upholstery that is touching the carpet it would be helpful for you to pin those up as well.
- Point out any specific spots or stains that need attention. This is important so that our technicians properly treat the areas that need attention.
- Put pets away. Our machines are loud and can disturb you pet so they in turn disturb our work. We don’t mind if your dog is barking, but just make sure that your pets are kept in a place where we don’t disturb them or they prevent us from doing a great job for you.
- Keep your kids close. For safety purposes, we ask that you keep an extra close eye on your curious kids. Our machinery comes with hoses and cords that get really hot, and it is important that no one gets hurt.
Here are some suggestions regarding your furniture moving. We offer some services that are inclusive of moving furniture. All price negotiations and expectations need to be done with the office prior to the arrival of our cleaning technicians. Our services can be customized to meet your need.
- Clear the room of furniture. It is most beneficial for you, if you can get as much furniture out of the room to be cleaned. It is a good idea to use rooms that are not being cleaned as your storage area for furniture. If it is your bedroom, you can place any small or medium furniture on the bed allowing us to get all the surface area possible around the bed.
- If we are moving your furniture, make sure that the technician helping you is notified of special care that any furniture may need. Ex: loose leg, weak top, etc.
- Remove all breakable items. Anything such as pictures, vases, lamps, etc. should be moved from its regular location in preparation for our cleaning services.
It is helpful and important to remove any small pieces of furniture from the floor. This will keep the processing time short and help the carpet get to normal use sooner. Bigger pieces of furniture like your China hutches and sectional couches will not be moved by us. If you have carpets (rugs) underneath those big pieces of furniture, we will clean those, if there is sufficient room to do so. If all else fails, we can edge right up against the base of the furniture. We do our best to prevent any of your furniture from being sprayed by our cleaners, by placing a spray shield on our cleaning wands.
When our office arranges a time with you to have your cleanings, we make every effort to keep it, but we have to disclaim that if emergencies arise, we will make it up to you. You should have full confidence that we will not rush through any job to make sure we get to the next job on time. Your preparation does help us maintain our schedule. If, for any reason your appointment time needs to be adjusted, we will give you a call to keep you in the loop. The same goes for you. If, for any reason you need to reschedule or change your appointment, we are happy to work with you, given enough notice.
Protect Your Investment
It is our recommendation that when we have completed the cleaning on your carpet and upholstery, that you use Scotchgard or Maxim Advanced. If you have decided you want to include more services to your cleaning, call our office and we will be happy to adjust our schedule to accommodate your needs. Please call if you have any questions or concerns, 801.814.4466.
Post Cleaning Service
A lot of customers have to make a few adjustments as to not walk on their wet, clean floor right after we leave. We have gathered some post cleaning tips that may be useful for you.
- Set the thermostat in your home to 72 degrees. If possible, open windows.
- Turn of humidifiers
- If there is a setting on your thermostat for fan, turn it on.
- Make sure all ceiling fans are moving
- Turn on air conditioning or dehumidifier
- Use floor fans over carpet
- If plastic pieces or foam is placed on any furniture legs, don’t remove them until carpet is dry.
- We recommend that a few days go by before removing the plastic or foam blocks. This ensures that any moisture trapped will evaporate and prevent your furniture from rusting.
- Area rugs and furniture should not be placed in place until the carpets have had 24 hours to dry.
If possible, do everything in your power to not walk on damp the damp carpet. If necessary, use inside shoes or slipper to walk on your freshly cleaned floors. Upon request, we can give you some booties. Another alternative is using clean white socks. It is important to remember that dirt will easily come off of shoes if contact is made with wet carpet.