Are you aware of the danger of clothes dryer fires? Very few people realize that there are an estimated 15,000 fires due to clothes dryers. Fortunately, fires can be prevented with proper dryer venting and cleaning.
How Clothes Dryer Fires Occur
Over time, dryer vents fill with lint, blocking the flow of air and causing excessive heat build-up, resulting in a fire in some cases. Lint is a highly combustible material. Lack of maintenance and cleaning, improper installation, crushed exhaust vent, and improper venting materials are all possible causes of dryer fires.
Signs Your Dryer is in Need of a Cleaning
Every homeowner you should be aware if your dryer is being blocked and in need of cleaning. The following are a few examples:
- Damp clothing after a normal dry cycle
- Smelly clothing after drying
- Articles of clothing are strangely hot to touch after drying cycle
- Unopened dyer vent hood flap during drying cycle
- Drying time is longer than 35-40 minutes
- Excessive amount of lint gathered in the lint trap during a dryer cycle
Reduce the Risk of a Dryer Fire
At TNT Cleaning, we can help you reduce the risk of dryer fires by thoroughly cleaning the accumulated lint build up. Along with our vent cleaning, we can provide you with diagnostic testing, which tell you how much pressure is sent through a vent. Call us today to schedule a time for us to come out and clean your vents. Let’s work together to keep your home safe from dryer caused fires. 801.742.5577